Friday, June 26, 2009

The Right Kind Of Fear

Do you ever struggle with people pleasing?

Not a fun way to do life is it?

It's all based on fear.

Someone will reject me.

They'll think I'm a loser.

They'll think I'm not competent to do the job.

They'll retaliate against me.

I'll be excluded.

Minimized.

Alone.

There's really no end to the kinds of fear we deal with when people's opinions are the most important thing in our lives.

Here's the dilemma for the Christian dealing with this issue:

We make people big and God small.

Their opinions are more important than God's.

A lousy trade, the way I see it.

Imperfect people have more power over my life than a perfect God does.

Fear God and you'll need to fear no one else.

Fear God as in hold Him in awe.

Reverence.

A healthy fear of getting outside of the loving boundaries He has set for my life.

There's great peace and power in the pursuit of a God-centered life.

Proverbs 28:1 (ESV) "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion."

Don't fall into the people pleasing trap.

Don't let the way you feel be the guide on this one.

Author Ed Welch writes..."When feelings become more important than faith, people will become more important, and God less important."

Proverbs 29:25 (NIV) "Fear of man will prove to be a snare....."

But......

"..... whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe."

I choose to live for Him.

Let the chips fall where they may.

1 comment:

Sandra Lewis Pringle said...

Fear is the main reason that many do not come forth into salvation.
It grips the hearts and minds of so many, and I am praying that the power of the Holy Spirit will compleely eradicate it from people's minds.

A good article and true.

Many need to understand about fear
and how the enemy uses it, for
his purpose.

May the message get out, that they can escape it.

Praise the Lord!

Sandra Lewis Pringle