Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Beauty of Brevity

As I sit down to write this entry I feel the pressure.

When the subject at hand involves being brief and to the point I had better get to the point.

So many people are saying texting, Twitter, Facebook, etc. is creating a shallow world void of real content.

I can see what they mean.

But a few right words neatly written or precisely spoken can change a life.

Or get someone through a day in the life.

Proverbs 25:11 (ESV) "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver."

There's beauty in brevity.

Nothing is dynamic until it's specific.

Even the creation of the world could have been reported in a lot less than 140 characters on Twitter:

Genesis 1:1 (ESV) "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Just one sentence.

10 words.

I'm in awe.

No comments: