Monday, June 1, 2009

The Plan Is A Person

God is always with us.

Protecting us.

Psalm 119:114 (ESV) "You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word."

Defending us.

Psalm 59:1 (ESV) "..... Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; protect me from those who rise up against me.."

Making us victorious.

1 Corinthians 15:57 (ESV) "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

But have you noticed He doesn't always do things the same way each time?

I think we can get discouraged when we expect Him to do this and then he doesn't.

He does that.

Life with God is an adventure.

At least it should be.

What real adventure is predictable?

Nehemiah went back to Jerusalem to help rebuild the wall around the city.

It...as well as the city... was in ruins.

As Nehemiah and the Jews worked on this God approved plan, they faced some pretty tough opposition from the bad guys in the land.

And so they prayed.

Nehemiah 4:4 (ESV) "Hear, O our God, for we are despised. Turn back their taunt on their own heads and give them up to be plundered in a land where they are captives."

And they planned too.

Nehemiah 4:16-18 (ESV) "From that day on, half of my servants worked on construction, and half held the spears, shields, bows, and coats of mail.

And the leaders stood behind the whole house of Judah, who were building on the wall.

Those who carried burdens were loaded in such a way that each labored on the work with one hand and held his weapon with the other.

And each of the builders had his sword strapped at his side while he built. The man who sounded the trumpet was beside me."

"Praise the Lord... and hand me some ammunition!"

Praying and planning go well together when you're walking closely with God.

Sometimes God says "Don't do anything."

Sometimes He says "Don't do anything YET"

And sometimes He says "Do this. And this. NOW."

There's no substitute for walking closely with God.

Knowing God is more important than knowing what to do.

If you know HIM... you'll know the WHEN.

And the WHAT.

Wait to act Lord?

Exodus 14:13 (AMP) " Moses told the people, Fear not; stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today."

Saddle up this time Lord?

Sure.

Proverbs 21:31 (ESV) " The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord."

I get it now Lord.

The plan is a Person.

You.

No comments: