Monday, September 22, 2008

Unrelated thoughts:Happy Birthday Aleq/Boost Your Paycheck

I hope you had a fantastic weekend.
On Saturday we celebrated my older son's birthday!
Aleq is now 17.
I had to use bold type because I can't believe he's 17.
Where has time gone?
I told him I was going to post some classic moments from his life on the blog.
Like some of those old videos.
For instance.. the one when he was about 4......!
Just kidding Aleq!
Maybe another day.
Translation: Be nice to your Dad or else.
What an intimidating guy I am.

I ran across something today I though might be helpful for you in these challenging economic times. It has to do with keeping more money in your pocket.
Specifically, it has to do with the W-4 form we all have to fill out.
For people who regard this form as mysterious I'm with you.
Make a mistake on this one and you'll be in for a shock about April 15.
Been there. Done that.
Won't do it again!
Check out this info.
It's from Kiplinger's.
I hope it helps:
Boost Your Paycheck
If you typically get a tax refund each spring, adjust your withholding to put more money in your pocket.
Use the easy withholding calculator at to find out how many exemptions you are entitled to claim. That will determine how much tax is withheld from your paycheck.

File a new Form W-4 with your employer to increase the number of exemptions.
Revise your W-4 anytime you experience a major life change that can affect the amount of taxes you pay -- marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, or a home purchase.
Smile on payday.

No comments: