Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Suprise in the Corner

In our home we have a rather large, beautiful print of a painting hanging on our living room wall.
It's a Mediterranean scene, from a house high on a cliff you look down to the bright blue sea below.
Just thinking about it now makes me happy.
My wife and I love it.
Despite what happened some time ago.
We decided to stop at a McDonald's for some health food.
Uh... I mean comfort food.
As the family sat down, we said our prayer of thanks and began eating.
That's when I noticed the artwork on the walls.
And then I almost choked on my salad.
Uh.. I mean Big Mac.
There on the wall was... OUR PAINTING!
OUR PRECIOUS ARTWORK!
Not as nicely framed.
Not even in a prime spot.
Over there.
In the corner.
By the restrooms.
My wife couldn't believe it either.
I put down my juice.
Uh.. I mean Coke.
How do you react when a prized piece of artwork that hangs in your home.. as well as your heart... ends up in a place so unexpected?
You smile.
And you thank God that sometimes beauty can be found in the most average of places.
God is the artist.
He's painting a masterpiece with your life, Christian.
Are you content with wherever he chooses to "hang" you?

No comments: