Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Simple Yes Or No Will Do



Maybe it's a guilt thing.

Or a bad habit.

When someone asks you a yes or no question do you ever answer with more than a simple yes or no?

Were you tempted to do that very thing right now?!

I thought so.

I've been catching myself doing that same thing quite a bit lately.

And it drives me nuts.

Why do I have to volunteer so much extra information?

To explain myself when no one is asking for an explanation?

It can get you into trouble.

You can talk yourself into a corner.

You make people your judge and jury.

You worry about what someone else thinks more than what you think.

All of this poisons your freedom in Christ.

If you let someone set the agenda for your life they'll be happy to do it.

Instead let the Lord set the agenda.

Act with kindness and love.

And follow the words of Jesus Himself:

Matthew 5:37 (AMP)"Let your Yes be simply Yes, and your No be simply No; anything more than that comes from the evil one."

No comments: