Monday, March 16, 2009

Quite A Moment

Early Sunday morning our three dachshunds made the point crystal clear.

Bark, whine, bark, dig, whine.

Translation: it's time to get up and go outside.

I took "Dog" as a second language back in high school.

It was either that or Pig Latin.

I figured speaking "Dog" would be much more practical.

I let them out and grabbed my Bible off the bookshelf.

Alone with God.

Quiet and still.

My thoughts broke the silence.

"Lord... sometimes I find myself falling so short in so many ways."

I open my One Year Bible.

Proverbs 16:6 (NIV) "Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for...."

I looked up the official definition of Atonement in the dictionary:

"The doctrine concerning the reconciliation of God and humankind, esp. as accomplished through the life, suffering, and death of Christ."

My New Testament reading for the day?

John 3:16-17 (NIV) 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

The forgiveness purchased by the blood of Jesus covers me every moment of this life.


And as if that reminder from God's Word wasn't enough, all of a sudden I heard a bird suddenly start singing outside.

I know it's spring and all, but this bird was singing on cue with my thoughts.

And I have never heard a bird sing like this one.

Was he sent by God to deliver a singing telegram?

I think so.

And even though I don't speak "Bird"... my soul somehow knew what that message was:

Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV) "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

No comments: