Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Strengthen The Weak Hands

What better way to begin each new day than to say to God...

"Lord, I want to be an encourager today."

"Use me to lift others up who are dealing with challenges. Especially my brothers and sisters in Christ."

That prayer can change a day.

365 of them a year can change a life.

I mentioned yesterday on the show a couple of verses out of Isaiah that have been on my mind lately:

Isaiah 35:3-4 (NKJV) "Strengthen the weak hands, And make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, "Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come ....... and save you."

Isn't that a great snapshot of what it means to be an encourager for Christ?

A simple statement.. yes.

A sincere one?

Absolutely.

It reminds me that simplicity doesn't have to be shallow.

And sincerity doesn't have to be sappy.

If I spotlight the love and the truth of God, He'll do the rest.

How encouraging that is.

For all of us.

No comments: