Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thanks For The Reminder Lacy!

As we get ready to kick off our Friendraiser event tomorrow morning here at SOS Radio, I'm reminded of how God uses this ministry in powerful ways.

I just received an email from Lacy.

God has placed a dream in her heart, but there are challenges.

She needs encouragement!

Here's what shes says:

Hi Kurt!

I am from the Bitterroot Valley in Montana and I'm a figure skater.

I recently moved to Philadelphia about four months ago to train in ice dancing. I left home at 17 in order to pursue skating and I've been in LA and in Sun Valley, Idaho. Now I'm 21 and here on the east coast.

For the last four years I've been searching for an ice dancing partner. God put this dream in my heart, one that most counted unrealistic, and so it all began.

Four years of being a single ice dancer is unheard of, and no coach can tell me why I haven't had a boy say yes yet. The coaches say that I need to, "just give it time."

Moving to the east coast was supposed to boost my chances of getting into a partnership, as most of the ice dancing world lives here. I've had a rough go these last few months adjusting to another place and leaving my family behind again.

The one thing that defines who I am is the dream that I believe God has given me and the promises that He gave me many years ago that this is what He made me to do and wants me to live. I dreamt of God using me to reach people through my skating, of touching hearts and lives with the gift He's given me.

I've always thought of myself as being Christ's ambassador in the world of skating. And I still dream of those things, but lately I've been so weighed down that it's hard to function.

One thing that has been a saving grace to me is SOS radio. I listen online and it helps me get through my day and reminds me of home. God speaks to me so often through SOS, the music and DJs.

My mom told me about your conversation with Britt Nicole and so I went online and listened to it on your web page. It made me cry. I felt God had spoken directly to me and given me a promise, but now in the waiting and the turmoil of my heart I begin to doubt.

I guess I just wanted to write that I appreciate what you do and what SOS does, and what artists like Britt do.

It's so hard being isolated from everything I knew and the people I love, but your radio station helps bring encouragement back to me.

I hope that someday I'll get to be like Britt and tell about how God used an unconventional way of leading me into my skating ministry and how the long years of waiting were for His glory and that it will all come together in the end.

So, thank you for your encouragement and may God continue to use you and bless the station.

If you don't mind, would you pray for me, that the dream I heard God give me so many years ago might burn inside stronger in the face of adversity and loneliness and that in His will He would send me a skating partner?

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again and may God bless you!

Sincerely,
Lacy

When you invest in SOS Radio you are investing in opportunities for God to touch so many lives!

Here's my response:

Hi Lacy,
How awesome to come into work today and read your e-mail! Your heart for the Lord burns so brightly. I was encouraged big time!


As Britt was unpacking her story for us on the air I just had this feeling that many people would be blessed by what she had to say. Based on the response I can see that God really showed up. He always gives us an encouraging word when we need it the most.

I can see why her story hit home with you. This in-between time for you is so hard. But you have a lot of good company:

*Moses spent 40 years on the backside of the desert before his big moment came

*Abraham and Sara were promised a child but many years went by before Isaac was born


*John the Baptist lived in the wilderness for years until God told him it was time to start preparing the way for the coming of the Savior.

* Jesus spent 30 years in obscurity working in his earthly father's carpentry shop before beginning his mission to save the lost

*The Apostle Paul accepted Christ but ended up spending many years on the sidelines before beginning his ministry

On and on it goes.

The wealth is in the waiting as God prepares us for the next step.

Isaiah 55:8-9 (ESV) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Also keep this in mind when you really feel overwhelmed:

"Faith is the refusal to panic".

We'll be standing with you in prayer!

God bless you Lacy in your work for Him.

I can't wait to hear what God does next.

Keep us posted!

Kurt


Can you keep Lacy in your prayers too?

No comments: