Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Can I Still Be Used?

Are you coming off a failure of some type?

In your aching heart a thought surfaces:

God.....will you use me again?

Or is this the last straw?

The fact that the question is in your mind is a very good thing!

You care about honoring God.

Despite the battle with sin and temptation.

If you could have lunch with the Apostle Paul to discuss this whole thing he might tell you something about his own battles....

Romans 7:21-25 (ESV) " So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Romans 8:1 (ESV) "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

When God called you to serve Him, He knew all about this recent stumble in your life.

And the other ones too.

As a Christ follower, the blood of Jesus covers you head to toe.

Every day of your life.

There is forgiveness for the broken-hearted:

Psalm 34:18 (NKJV) "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit."

Think of all the great heroes of the faith in the Bible.

God called them knowing they would fail at times.

What about Samson?

Judges 13:5 (NKJV) "For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall BEGIN to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines."

Zero in on that word BEGIN.

Samson would only begin to deliver Israel.

God knew he would fall into sin big time.

But He called Him anyway.

And the key was where he ended up.

With his eyes gouged out and in prison... yes.

But with a broken and contrite heart.

Isaiah 66:2 (ESV) "....But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word."



Judges 16:28-30 (ESV) "Then Samson called to the Lord and said, "O Lord GOD, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes."

And Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and he leaned his weight against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other.


And Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines."

Then he bowed with all his strength, and the house fell upon the lords and upon all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he had killed during his life."

God still used him.

Hebrews 11:32-34 (ESV) "And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, SAMSON, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, were made strong out of weakness.."

God can still use you too.

No comments: