Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whiplash The Cowboy Monkey


Yesterday on the show I told you about a small cowboy who triggers big smiles.

It's... Whiplash... The Cowboy Monkey!

When I was working in TV news back in Colorado Springs, I was assigned to "get a cowboy story" at the local rodeo.

I'd covered my share of rodeos while working in Texas and Oklahoma, so I yawned.

But imagine my surprise when I ran into Whiplash and his trainer at the rodeo grounds!

I couldn't believe it.

I struck feature story gold.

Whiplash was riding high in the saddle.

Decked out in the finest cowboy wear.

The western shirt.

The scarf.

Ten ounce hat.

Chaps with big W'S on them.

Riding on a border collie.

Rounding up goats.

Loving every minute of it.

I think that story ended up on CNN Headline News.

Since that time, he's been on The Today Show, Good Morning America, ESPN Sportscenter, Etc.

When I decided to Google him, I found all kinds of fun stuff.

Check out this commercial he starred in:



Here he is in action at the rodeo:



Also... you know everybody has a website.



Ride Whiplash!

Ride like the wind!

And one more thing.

Don't forget to hang on.


No comments: